Game Data Analyst, Clash of Clans
We’re looking for a Game Data Analyst to join Clash of Clans, a game played by millions around the world.
Clash of Clans is one of our most beloved games, and the game team is still actively developing and improving the game for all players. We’re looking for someone to help the team develop the game further, ask questions that have never been asked, and help the game team make data informed decisions. You are capable of solving problems from the formulation of it, to defining and interpreting the data collected, and also clearly and effectively communicating your results.
As an essential part of the game team, your main focus is analysing and interpreting data about the game. In addition you will be coworking with the BizOps team, and a strong team of fellow product scientists and data engineers, to improve how we can use data to improve the whole company, and all of its products. The BizOps team focuses on business growth, marketing strategy, analytics, execution and other operations throughout the entire P&L of the game.
If you are the curious mind we are looking for, the one who is always on the lookout for interesting and impactful information, a wizard at prioritization and pragmatism, then send us your application!
- Help make Clash of Clans even better!
- Use quantitative analysis to understand how Clash is played and identify impact and growth opportunities
- Support the game team in their day-to-day needs: facts, ideas, monitoring and assessing impact of design decisions
- Proactively come up with actionable analyses across game design, monetization strategies, marketing strategies
- Use sound analytics to improve our business from marketing to in-game events and offers
- Collaborate with other scientists and engineers to expand the ways we are using our data to improve our games
- Years of experience in working as a product scientist or similar role
- Coding skills with R or python, and SQL at a proficient level
- Fluent in the data science workflow, applying statistics, understanding biases
- Great communication skills, both written and spoken, especially for non-technical audience
- Skills to work with a team but also work autonomously
- Proactive drive to improve our games and yourself, too
- Relevant background and advanced knowledge of statistics, visualisation, programming, or related skills
- Knowledge of modern data processing tools and cloud providers and their tools
- Experience in A-B testing, modeling, building data tools, creating insightful visualizations
- Knowledge of the video game or entertainment industry