Senior Analytics Engineer, Bizops
We are now looking for an Analytics Engineer to join the BizOps team in Helsinki. You will be a core member of the team whose main scope is to operate and grow multiple games (e.g. the Clash of Clans, Clash Royale) together with the game development functions out of Helsinki.
Data that we collect about our player behaviour plays an integral part across many key areas, such as developing and tweaking game designs; setting the global monetization strategies. In this position, you will be the owner of multiple game analytics pipelines, and ensure they are operational daily. Furthermore, you will also be directly contributing to game operation and development, by creating various data products from the freshly learned new insights, together with data scientists as well as the game development team. Last but not least, you will be constantly raising the bars of data science workflow ergonomics, ensuring that data scientists are using the best tools for the job.
Whom we are NOT looking for is someone who mostly delegates the work to others, while themselves focusing only on the “high” level operation. Also, we are NOT looking for a person who is more interested in developing tools than solving concrete business problems. This position is only for those who would like to directly contribute to game operations by going deep in solving practical business problems with the best tools at hand, yet being able to think from the first principles and drive practical changes in how we should work with the data. Above all, we shall have a blast along the way!
All of this is way easier said than done. It takes vision, commitment, and super talented (and perhaps slightly crazy) people who will pursue only the very best work possible. If that sounds like you (including the “slightly crazy” part), then we welcome you to apply
- Work with game development team, biz leads and analysts on productizing the new ways to understand game performance, live ops operations and monetization strategy
- Enable & empower business operators as well as game analysts, by bringing the state of the art toolings to their hands
- Champion on data science ergonomics, by creating better ways of working with data
- Provide practical technical guidance to game data analysts with the engineering best practices
- Collaborate with our inhouse central data engineering team on various data initiatives
- Maintain batch and real-time data pipelines, comfortable working with TB scale data pipelines on a daily basis
- +5 years of experience in data product development
- Expert knowledge of R/Python and SQL
- Track records of finding new ways to use data to enable product development
- Track record of maintaining very large scale ETL processes.
- Track records of providing guidance for analysts on engineering best practices
- Ability to innovate and work independently
- Solid prioritization skills
- Proactive & Curious mind: express the love of the game through data
- Knowledge of build, deployment and orchestration tools (Azkaban or Airflow, Jenkins, Terraform)
- Experience with AWS data stack (Kinesis, Athena+S3+Glue)
- Experiences analyzing game data