Senior Game Client Programmer
About the Game Programming Team
At Supercell, client programmers are gameplay masters. Beyond building tech, you will wear your designer hat and make a ton of calls on what goes into, and what doesn’t go into, games. With constant development of both live games and prototypes, game programmers have a ton of responsibilities here, and we’re looking for the best of the best… the type of programmers we can build entire game teams around.
One of the most important aspects of the Game Programming Team at Supercell is the ability to communicate and share our work between projects. If one game team creates something cool, we often use or repurpose that in another game. Part of your role will be to effectively collaborate and share knowledge among the rest of the team.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Game Client Programmer who is self-motivated, goal-orientated and a strong team player. You take pride in your work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality focused products. You enjoy working in a dynamic and agile environment. You have the knowledge and ability to visualize how things should work, and how to translate this into a functioning solution.
We offer you a chance to join a team of professionals, where we believe that talent feeds talent. We do not believe in bureaucracy, nor are there any solo artists at Supercell. We all work together to achieve the best results. All of us have a genuine chance to contribute to the final product. We believe in each other’s skills and value each other’s work. If these are values that you are passionate about, then you might just be the person we are looking for.
- Involvement in all areas of game development including Programming of Graphics, Game Logic, Artificial Intelligence and User Interface
- Support and contribute new ideas to game design
- Write robust code to be used by millions of users
- Independently create complete solutions from scratch
- Work as part of a team, but with plenty of opportunity to take responsibility on an individual level
- Wide understanding of different game technology areas (gameplay, graphics, tools etc.)
- Strong, professional experience using C++
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code
- Passion for games
- Understanding/experience with any of the following is a plus: Touch UI development, Open GL, Content Driven Systems, Free to Play model
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we’ve released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we’ve killed dozens along the way. That’s because we’re obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
You might love it here...
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We’re made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people - providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed.