Working on the number one farming game for mobile is a ton of fun! The Hay Day team is focused on creating the best possible experience for the players, improving the game as often as possible and consulting player feedback at every turn. There is so much we can add to the game, and so many things we can do, that not a day goes by without a decision to make.
We’re looking for awesome talent to add to the team that can help us expand the Hay Day universe in ways our players will love. The ideal addition to the Hay Day team will step in right away and make big contributions to growing the world of Hay Day. We’re an organised team looking for passionate people with big ideas, who will come through when the fertiliser hits the fan.
About the Role
Right now we are looking for a passionate and experienced UI/UX Artist to join the Hay Day team. Your portfolio oozes in quality and polish, and indicates a determination to push boundaries and create kick-ass UI but also game art in general. If you also enjoy working with 3D and are interested in broadening your skill set - great! You enjoy working as part of a team, but are hungry to take responsibility on an individual level. We feel that talent feeds talent, and that’s why we work together to create the best possible designs.
We offer everyone an equal chance to impact the final result. Our teams are small and agile, and we strongly believe in the creative freedom of an artist. At Supercell you have a chance to join a company of true professionals. We do not believe in unnecessary bureaucracy, nor are there any solo artists. We are all driven and goal-oriented individuals that contribute to a common cause. If these are values that you are passionate about, then you might just be the Artist we are looking for.
- Continue the development of the visual style, design and overall look of Hay Day
- Develop and create UI solutions, both existing and new ones
- Develop concepts and ideas for future release
- Understand the Hay Day audience in order to develop art and experience know and love
- Involve yourself with the look and feel of further projects including animation, marketing and 3D assets
- Solid and proven experience of User Interface design
- Some interest and experience in 3D modelling (Maya and 3DS Max, ZBrush is a plus)
- Interest in game design in general
- Proven experience with Adobe Photoshop and Flash (Illustrator is a plus)
- Demonstrate pride and responsibility in your work when given the freedom to work independently
- Demonstrate modesty and respect when receiving feedback from your team
Why you will love it here
- Work with an amazing and easygoing team, where decisions are made within (instead of outside the team)
- You are constantly given chances to make an impact
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for your to do the best work possible
- Strong compensation and benefits
- We create great teams and take very good care of them
- Put smiles on the faces of tens of millions of people who play our games every single day
- Travel to our offices in Helsinki, Seoul, San Francisco, Tokyo and Shanghai, as well as annual company off-site meetings
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
Send your application our way and don't forget to add a link to your portfolio!
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche. We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!
This position is in Finland but you are not?
Luckily, moving to Finland is easier than you might think. No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end. We’re here to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you, your family and whoever and whatever you’re bringing along.