People Team Lead
At Supercell we have proven that the best teams make the best games. With only 350 employees in 4 countries we have demonstrated the strength of small independent teams.
We want to make Supercell an even better place for our teams. A place where they can make the biggest possible impact. We want to do more for our employees and leads. To pursue this goal, we’re forming a People Team and looking for an experienced Lead to help us build that team. The team will be global, and the lead position can be held in any one of our offices: Helsinki, San Francisco, Shanghai or Seoul.
What makes Supercell special is the level of independence that particularly the game teams have, and the inherent chaos which feeds creativity. As a result, we are looking for someone who will harness this and not work against it. We do not need processes for processes' sake, we need someone who can build on our strengths and unique culture.
So, this is not any ordinary HR team we’re putting together. This team will focus on the people who make Supercell an amazing place to work. You’ll have a chance to build a tight yet impactful, global team that will re-imagine the way we enhance the Supercellian experience for each and every employee.
- Help make Supercell the place where every employee can do the best and most impactful work of their careers
- Advise leadership and Team Leads on all people related initiatives, including global pay/equity strategy, global wellness and mental health programs
- Support Leads in all aspects of leadership from hiring, onboarding, evaluating, coaching, mentoring and inspiring their teams
- Establish a systematic approach for providing feedback to all the Leads so they can become better leaders
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring opportunities for Leads so they can enhance their leadership skills
- Develop and implement a structure for evaluating Leads without bureaucratic and/or cumbersome processes which get in the way of doing things
- Develop strategies to deepen and enhance the Supercell culture in all offices
- Be a trusted 3rd party for sensitive conversations that team members might want to have with someone else than their Lead
- Lead our global wellness and mental health programs
- Over 5 years of experience working with people management in a creative environment, and part of that in a similar role leading a team
- Understanding of creative product development environment
- Excellent track record of leading an international team, as well as working with different teams and functions
- Humble attitude and the ability to lead by example, getting hands-on when needed
- Strong communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to execute on major projects
- Track record of successfully managed projects
- Overall good people management and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Genuine passion for games and understanding game development
Now that you have a sense of what this position is, it’s equally important to understand what it is not.
- Process or procedure driven
- Bottleneck for getting things done