Player Support Data Engineer
Would you like to be the technology pillar of one of the most disruptive Customer Support organizations on the planet? How about pushing the boundaries of the state-of-the-art Customer Support tools to help millions of players?
With more than 100.000 players contacting us every day, our Player Support team relies heavily on efficient tools to provide accurate and up to date information to support agents. In addition to human support, we run a number of automated systems that enable our players to receive help faster and offload repetitive tasks from agents. Extensive data collected from all of our support systems helps us make optimal decisions on how we should improve the service for our players.
Our Player Support team is now looking for a Data Engineer to be solely in charge of developing and improving our Player Support tools and data pipelines. In this role, you would do everything from writing code yourself to providing technical guidance for the rest of the team, as well as communicate with internal and external technical contacts. We have a team structure with minimal hierarchy and no red tape, where the only limits to what's achievable are set by your imagination. If you want to make a difference for millions of players around the globe every single day, this might be the right place for you.
- Develop and maintain a multitude of agent- and player-facing tools
- Build data pipelines to make sure the data is correct and arrives on time
- Together with the rest of the team, develop vision and strategy for continuous improvement of the support quality
- As the sole owner of the technical matters, consult other members of the Player Support team on tools and data needs
- Work side by side with subcontractors and internal tech teams
- 5+ years of experience in some of the following: implementing and maintaining data pipelines, building BI dashboards, system integrations, technical project management, supporting a team with their tools and data needs
- Good knowledge of Python
- Experience with cloud computing, preferably AWS
- Strong SQL and data modeling skills, experience in building ETL processes
- Familiarity with large scale data warehouse technologies (Vertica, RedShift, BigQuery, Spark)
- The ability to innovate and work independently
- Enthusiasm towards games and customer support in general
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we've released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we've killed dozens along the way. That's because we're obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
You might love it here...
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We're made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people - providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed.
This position is in Finland, but you're not?
Luckily, moving to Finland is easier than you might think. No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end. We're here to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you, your family and whoever and whatever you're bringing along.