We’re looking for a proven leader in sound design and audio production who can bring our games to life with world-class immersive soundscapes that elevate the player experience. The Audio Lead will play an important role in our Shanghai Studio as the first hire in this discipline.
In your role, you’ll bridge collaboration between our development team, audio vendors, composers, and licensors to deliver a beautiful and unforgettable audio experience to our players. You will have significant autonomy and a high level of impact, working closely with multiple game teams in Shanghai and, when needed, supporting Helsinki game team needs – building amazing games, and creating all things audio that appears in our games.
- As the Audio Lead on several new games, you will establish and articulate an audio vision for those games
- Assist our game teams in creating the best sound design and music for their games, overseeing the quality of the work, and setting the bar for excellence.
- You will be responsible for the final quality of audio in our games, guiding the ideation, conception, and implementation of audio content for our games
- Integrate sound design into the development process, creating a collaborative relationship with our game teams and external partners that fosters quality and a healthy work environment
- You will build and maintain dedicated audio outsourcing partners for us, leveraging the depth of talent around our region
- Identify technical audio requirements to our engineering teams and assure they're met
- You will set up and manage sound studios, audio hardware, and equipment.
- Love for games
- A positive attitude and an ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to compose in a wide variety of musical styles and moods.
- Proven ability to create fully-fledged sound design for games.
- Proven successful direction, management, supervision, and mentoring of internal or external audio staff.
- Ability to proactively assess the needs of the game teams.
- Expert knowledge of sound design and mixing methods and tools.
- Working knowledge of daws such as Cubase, Logic, Ableton, reaper, etc.
- Working knowledge of audio effects and virtual instruments.
- Working knowledge of audio editors and adding audio to video.
- Knowledge of various audio engines such as Fmod, Audio in unity, Wwise, and so on.
- Ability to direct voice sessions and write scripts.
- Ability to work within various technical constraints.
- Ability to compose quickly and ability to take feedback.
- Mandarin language capabilities is a plus
Please note: Some form of "demo reel" "credits list" is required for this application. It could be game videos that feature your music and sound design, links to audio streaming services, homepage, and so on. Please include a text explaining your contributions to the works