The audio designer/composer will play an important role in our Helsinki Studio, as the first in-house hire in this discipline. You will have significant autonomy and a high level of freedom, working closely with multiple new game teams and helping drive the overall audio vision for the new games.
We’re looking for a resourceful sound designer/composer/producer who can bring our new games to life and assist the new game teams in creating awesome audio. In your role, you will also bridge collaboration between our development team, audio vendors, composers, and licensors to deliver a beautiful and unforgettable audio experience to our players.
Furthermore, you will also be working closely with the art lab and helping them regarding guidelines and audio resource needs.
- Assist our new game teams in creating the best sound design and music for their games, overseeing the quality of the work, and setting the bar for excellence.
- Assisting teams with any audio/music outsourcing needs.
- Help integrate sound design into the development process, creating a collaborative relationship with our new game teams and external partners that fosters quality and a healthy work environment
- Help with identifying and defining technical audio requirements for our programming teams and assure they are met.
- You will set up and manage your own sound studio, audio libraries, audio hardware, and equipment.
- Sometimes helping out community and marketing with audio-related tasks.
- Love for (mobile) games
- A positive attitude and an ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to proactively assess the needs of the game teams.
- Ability to create sound effects.
- Working knowledge of daws such as cubase, logic, ableton, reaper etc.
- Working knowledge of audio effects and virtual instruments.
- Working knowledge of audio editors and adding audio to video.
- Knowledge of various audio engines such as Fmod, Audio in unity, Wwise, and so on.
- Ability to compose in a wide variety of musical styles and moods.
- Ability to create fully-fledged sound design for games.
- Ability to direct voice sessions and write scripts.
- Ability to work within various technical constraints.
- Ability to compose quickly and ability to take feedback.
Please note: Some form of "demo reel" "credits list" is required for this application. It could be game videos that feature your music and sound design, links to audio streaming services, homepage, and so on. Please include a text explaining your contributions to the works.