Game Designer, Unpublished ARPG Game
Supercell is looking for an experienced Game Designer to join a team that is working on an unannounced game on a brand new IP. As a Game Designer, you will design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, knowledge of how F2P games engage and monetize, and creativity aid in crafting in and out of game experiences that engage and surprise players.
This role will focus on meta, systems, and economy design. You will work closely with other designers, engineers, and artists to create and iterate on a variety of features ranging from player progression and live events. These features will contribute to an experience which is deep, compelling, and always feels rewarding. Our team is small, so even though the main focus of this role is on the meta and systems design, the ideal candidate can wear many hats and collaborate on other aspects of the game such as level design, weapon design, or monster design. Flexibility and the ability to adapt will be crucial to your success.
We expect you to be self-motivated, goal-oriented and a strong team player. You take pride in your work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality-focused products. We work as a small team in a dynamic and agile environment – this requires comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where goals and constraints are mostly team driven and where change, big and small, is a critical part of the development process.
At Supercell most of the design decisions are made as a group effort and everyone in the team is responsible for delivering the best possible experience. So whether you're an artist, programmer or community manager, you can contribute to the design. This makes it imperative that our game designers are strong team players and really thrive when working together with multiple disciplines and love to discuss ideas to get the best out of everybody’s contributions.
- Create rewards systems and balance economies that enhance the overall player experience and give players satisfying long term progression and goals
- Create and provide multiple potential designs and solutions. Articulate trade-offs and risks between different options.
- Iterate and tune features so that they realize our design goals
- Contributing new design ideas and participating in feature development
- Working closely with the rest of the team to ensure that content and feature development support each other
- Shared responsibility for the game’s overall design vision and ensuring that the whole development team shares and agrees on the vision
- Extensive understanding, skills and experience with game design
- Deep understanding of system design, game balancing and game economies
- A proven track record of designing meta, systems, and economies within the constraints of F2P game systems
- Understanding other design areas outside of meta and systems design is a big plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Absolute passion for playing and making games
- Able to work in a demanding team environment