We are looking for an experienced and talented Game Designer who is self-motivated, goal-oriented and a strong team player to join our Shanghai Studio which is our first international development studio outside Helsinki. If you are someone who has a tremendous amount of innovative game concept ideas that you would like to work with a world-class team to develop, in a culture that emphasizes independence and learning, in the world's largest gaming market, then this is a perfect role for you.
You take pride in your work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality-focused games. We work in a dynamic and agile environment – meaning we don't have long development cycles but instead we release new features, events and improvements to the game multiple times a year. We don't have strict processes that we need to follow but instead we create the process and deadlines independently as a team.
We offer you a chance to join a team of professionals, where we believe that talent feeds talent. We do not believe in bureaucracy, nor are there any solo artists at Supercell. We all work together to achieve the best results. All of us have a genuine chance to contribute to the final product. We believe in each other's skills and value each other's work. If these are values that you are passionate about, then you might just be the person we are looking for.
At Supercell there are very few people with the title "Game Designer". This is because most of the design decisions are made as a group effort. Everyone in the team is responsible for delivering the best possible experience. So whether you're an artist, programmer or community manager, you can contribute to the design.
While decisions are made like this, it's still important to have someone who can lead and drive the overall vision and makes sure that every system in the game is tuned and plays well together with the rest. This person is the go-to whenever there is a question about a new feature, existing design or an event going on in the game.
- Deep experience in game design/systems and balancing game economies, including lead or senior design experience on a shipped product; someone looking to have the opportunity to design from scratch and ultimately launch a global hit game that hundreds of millions of players will play
- Extensive ideas of new game prototypes, have completely owned the design of early game concepts to full global game launch
- Strong & concise communicator of game concepts
- Hunger and passion for making and playing games; being curious and thinking critically about why games succeed and fail
- Open and flexible enough to receive & adjust design choices upon valid feedback, but strong enough to back your own ideas & opinions
- Programming skills (C++) are a plus but not mandatory; ability to think with the precision of an engineer and creativity of an artist is highly desired
- Looking to be a leader but also knows when is the right time to support & follow
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we've released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we've killed dozens along the way. That's because we're obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
You might love it here...
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We're made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people - providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed.