Supercell wants to create games to last for years to come. Every day, an astounding (and growing) number of people play Supercell's games, Brawl Stars, Clash of Clans, Hay Day, Boom Beach, & Clash Royale. That doesn't necessarily mean they'll be around forever. Our game development teams work non-stop evolving our games and keeping players entertained. The marketing team does the same to bring new players in and to use different media channels to ensure existing players stay engaged.
Supercell's media team endeavors to put our games in front of potential and existing players, like no other mobile games. We started this process over a year ago and have learned, along the way, that certain media placements can connect and delight players and non-players, alike.
We are just getting started and have a ton of stuff we want to try and learn. So if you know your way around media plans, performance marketing, user acquisition, partner management, strategy, and investments across a range of channels, keep reading. If you have a personal passion for games and the vision and commitment to plan and execute Supercell's media buys, then see below and apply!
- Work with media buyers and others in marketing org to define, launch, and drive critical strategic media operations recommendations for player acquisition, engagement and retention
- Lead efforts on sophisticated quantitative analyses and that translates data into actionable insights; be willing and able to adjust marketing spend on the fly for best results
- Lead KPI development and tracking across all performance marketing related functions, measuring campaign and digital spend performance across all channels with external research partners and Supercell’s data(mad) scientists
- Identify areas of opportunity that can be impacted through our digital and offline channels and create and execute plans to drive impact
- Design campaigns for acquisition, engagement, and awareness keeping in mind important factors such as media channels, lifecycle of games, seasonality, costs, competition, ROI etc
- Help develop and optimize our Weixin/Weibo official accounts, websites, app store pages and other channels for each game as a prime channel for acquisition and engagement
- Analyze and determine key insights from key business drivers, competitive environment, trends and operating metrics
- Work closely with our Brand team to manage relationships with digital media partners and creative agencies
- Stay up-to-date on latest developments in the digital media industry and experiment with new creative ideas
- Must be proactive, resourceful, and demonstrate intellectual curiosity to anticipate business needs
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity
- Superior analytical capabilities with strong insight and understanding of how performance marketing works in China across digital and offline channels
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas and communicating them in a way others can easily understand
- Versatile. Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities
- Proven track record in Chinese social media marketing (Weixin, Weibo, Toutiao, etc)
- Has direct experience in mobile and traditional media performance marketing required; experience in brand marketing, and how the two integrate, a big plus
- Many examples of deriving actionable insight from data (read: must be able to do your own analysis)
- Entrepreneurial mindset (self-motivated, tenacious, resourceful, no handbook necessary)
- Excellent English language communication skills, both oral and written
- Passion for games, the developers who make them, and the players that love them is non-negotiable