Senior Game Client Programmer, Clash Mini
At Supercell, client programmers are gameplay masters. Beyond building tech, they wear designer hats and make a ton of calls on what goes into, and what doesn’t go into, games. With constant development of both live games and prototypes, game programmers have a ton of responsibilities here, and we’re looking for the best of the best… the type of programmers we can build entire game teams around.
One of the most important aspects of a game programmer’s job at Supercell is the ability to communicate and share our work between projects. If one game team creates something cool, we often use or repurpose that in another game. Part of your role will be to effectively collaborate and share knowledge among the rest of the team.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Game Client Programmer who is self-motivated, goal-orientated and a strong team player. You take pride in your work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality focused products. You enjoy working in a dynamic and agile environment. You have the knowledge and ability to visualize how things should work, and how to translate this into a functioning solution.
- Involvement in all areas of game development including Programming of Graphics, Game Logic, Artificial Intelligence and User Interface
- Support and contribute new ideas to game design
- Write robust code to be used by millions of users
- Independently create complete solutions from scratch
- Work as part of a team, but with plenty of opportunity to take responsibility on an individual level
- Wide understanding of different game technology areas (gameplay, graphics, tools etc.)
- Strong, professional experience using C++
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code
- Passion for games
- Understanding/experience with any of the following is a plus: Touch UI development, Open GL, Content Driven Systems, Free to Play model