Senior Game Designer, Everdale
We have a new exciting Game Designer position open in the Everdale team. Everdale is one of the newest Supercell games in beta and available in selected countries. We’re looking for an experienced Game Designer to share the workload with our current game designer. The focus of this new role would be on leading the content design ensuring that new content will be the best quality, fully utilising the game’s systems and mechanics while being in line with the game’s economy, systems and overall vision. Everdale’s gameplay is heavily about game economy and the intertwining systems which makes it important to have system and economy design skills and mindset.
We expect you to be self-motivated, goal-oriented and a strong team player. You take pride in your work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality-focused products. We work in a dynamic and agile environment – meaning we don’t have long development cycles but instead we release new features, events and improvements to the game multiple times a year. We don’t have strict company processes that we need to follow but instead we create the process and deadlines independently as a team.
At Supercell most of the design decisions are made as a group effort and everyone in the team is responsible for delivering the best possible experience. So whether you're an artist, programmer or community manager, you can contribute to the design. This makes it imperative that our game designers are strong team players and really thrive when working together with multiple disciplines and love to discuss ideas to get the best out of everybody’s contributions.
- Leading the content roadmap planning
- Designing and implementing new content
- Game economy and system design related to content creation
- Contributing new design ideas and participating in feature development
- Design and develop content creation tools and workflows
- Working closely with the rest of the team to ensure that content and feature development support each other
- Shared responsibility for the game’s overall design vision and ensuring that the whole development team shares and agrees on the vision
- Extensive understanding, skills and experience with game design and design processes
- Deep understanding of system design, game balancing and game economies
- Understanding of level design, narrative design and content design
- Experience and skills in operating and maintaining live games
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Passion for games, especially mobile gaming
- UI/UX design skills and experience is a plus but not mandatory
- Programming skills (C++) are a plus but not mandatory