Senior Technical Artist
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Artist (Rigging/Asset Pipeline) to work with our game teams to research, innovate and implement production pipeline solutions. You would be part of the Art Lab team where you will be working across all Supercell game teams. Your main task will be to provide technical guidance and rigging support to internal and external teams to ensure that character rigs and assets are created and delivered at the highest level of quality.
You will have a key role in building an advanced and modular character/asset pipeline that helps not only our internal teams but also external productions, ideally you also have years of experience doing this already. To be successful in this role, you will also need to be a proactive programmer/artist who can communicate with artists, designers and programmers to help deliver world-class art, for world-class mobile games.
If this sounds like you and you're interested in finding out if Supercell would be a great fit for you, we'd love to see your application.
- Modular rigging system development (Maya)
- Work with game teams to build and maintain their art production pipelines
- Help teams to develop best techniques, tools and workflows
- Provide rigging training to animators to share learnings within the company
- Produce high quality tools for various DCC tools (Maya, Blender, Houdini etc)
- Help game teams to profile and optimize riggs and assets
- Investigate and evaluate third party tools, make proposals and lead these integrations
- 5+ years game industry (or other relevant) professional experience
- Solid technical background with an ability to design and implement modular systems
- Familiarity with custom node networks and metanodes in Maya
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive attitude, go-get mentality
- Structured and able to clearly define, prioritize and plan your own tasks
- Keen to learn and further develop your expertise
- Plugin development (Maya, Blender)
- Competent in various languages (Python, C++, C#, Java, etc)
- Rigging in Blender