Small teams of Supercellians are constantly developing new games and working together to bring their concepts to life. Small teams allow us to build, break and shift quickly, but also require that everyone on the team fill multiple roles. That’s why we’re looking for an “Art Director” type that won’t just direct, concept or share opinions on design, but will also execute and produce graphics and assets her or himself.
You’ll be considered one of our game artists, responsible for the visual style, design, UI and the overall look of one of our games in development. People successful in this role have to simply nail 2D, 3D and/or UI art for mobile and love, play, live and breathe games. You’ll be surrounded by game programmers, artists, community managers who do too. Together, you’ll work to build worlds, characters and games to be loved and enjoyed by millions and millions of players for years to come!
- Work on the development of a visual style, design and overall look of a project or projects in development
- Create beautiful, engaging game characters, assets and environments
- Develop visual concepts and ideas for new games
- Contribute with artwork ideas toward communities and forums
- Get involved in the look and feel of further projects including animation, community and marketing
- Support team in game design, working closely with programmers, community and everyone else on a tightly knit game team
- Generally just nail 2D, 3D and/or UI art for our games
- Capability to independently create concept sketches and maybe even final renderings/tweaks and animation
- Ability to create a variety of production quality, Supercell style, 3D art
- Proven experience with 3D software e.g. Maya / 3DS Max
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Flash
- Pride and responsibility in your work when given the freedom to work independently
- Modesty and respect when receiving feedback from your team
- Appreciation and understanding of User Interface design
- Previous experience in game development and game art
- Passion for games, especially Supercell games
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we’ve released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we’ve killed dozens along the way. That’s because we’re obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
You might love it here...
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We’re made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people - providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed.
This position is in Finland, but you're not?
Luckily, moving to Finland is easier than you might think. No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end. We’re here to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you, your family and whoever and whatever you’re bringing along.