Art Lead, Brawl Stars
Traditionally, Art Leads will often direct art productions, or execute a direction defined by an Art Director, guiding artists to a desired and specific outcome and supervising the quality of their work.
That’s NOT what we are looking for.
Our structure at Supercell is based on the idea of having small, independent teams of highly empowered individuals. Small teams allow us to build, break and shift quickly. Artists within Supercell “direct” their own work and are themselves the supervisors of the quality of their output in collaboration with their peers around them.
The Brawl Stars team is looking for an Art Lead to support and lead the artists within the team through all necessary means: from providing ongoing feedback to supporting them in achieving their goals, allowing them to develop and grow their own skills, and helping the team to structure and organize its art pipeline.
As an ideal candidate, you are passionate about working with people, and you love seeing others achieve their goals and get consistently better at what they do. You also have a knack for mentoring as well as knocking down barriers (real or perceived). At the same time, you have a deep understanding and appreciation for art in video games. To succeed in this role, it's paramount that your approach is founded on structured thinking and strong organizational skills and that you have experience with and understanding of art pipelines.
You will work with and for people.
During your years at Supercell, you might also join another game team, and work both with existing IPs and new, unpublished games. Whatever it is you are working on, you'll own it. You enjoy working as part of a team, but have a proactive approach with a hunger to take responsibility on an individual level.
- Help build the best art team, ever!
- Lead a group of talented artists with a variety of skill sets
- Support the artists with their personal development (feedback, mentoring, etc.)
- Support and co-own our art production
- Support and co-own our art outsourcing efforts
- Support the game development process from A to Z
- Make the game the best it can be with your full range of skills
- Passion for working with people
- Passion for (video game) art
- Good understanding of video game art pipelines
- Great organizational skills
- Experience with art production and art outsourcing
- Experience managing, directing or closely collaborating with artists of various skillsets
- Leadership experience (with or without formal authority)
- Capability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Capability to contribute with additional skills (i.e. artistic or not)