Marketing mobile games is an ever-changing rollercoaster ride. What “great” marketing was yesterday is different today, and will yet again be different tomorrow. One thing that doesn’t change at Supercell, is that we believe in our fantastic games and we believe they should impact players and the surrounding pop culture for years, and maybe even decades. To achieve that, our games need to excite and connect with people emotionally. They need to make players and non-players alike smile at the thought of them. Pretty grandiose ideas, right?
Whether our new games approaching Beta or the global hits that have been around for 7+ years, our teams need the help of creative, innovative marketers. We need to bring games out the world in the biggest ways and inspire players to enjoy our games for years on end. This means setting the standard for how to create meaningful brands around free-to-play mobile games, pushing the envelope with creative and breaking the rules with media execution.
We're looking for a marketing expert from a creative director background with the rare ability to provide strategic leadership, drive consensus across different teams, and tap into killer creative instincts. With those instincts, you will help shape the vision for upcoming games as well as existing Supercell properties. Help us define the future of our games, and of free-to-play mobile games as a whole.
- Help build new Supercell game brands and develop creative strategies for global launch and beyond
- Work on existing game brands, define creative strategy, and help shape the standard for how we market our games, in partnership with Supercell's game teams in Helsinki and other creative partners
- Drive creative development across online/mobile, TV, outdoor, and other formats as applicable in partnership with other marketers, game teams, and external creative partners. Ensure all Supercell marketing lives up to the quality-bar set by the games themselves, the expectations of our passionate players and even sets the quality bar for games marketing.
- Set appropriate goals and work with internal/experience partners to measure performance.
- 7+ years experience creating and marketing revered brands (games or not) – must know how to go "big" — preferred experience as internal or agency creative director.
- Proven track record of getting the best work from internal or external creative partners and managing creative development, from briefing through execution
- Experience in traditional media and brand marketing, required; experience in performance marketing, and how the two integrate, a big plus
- Ability to tame multiple projects across media channels, networks and platforms
- Human form of both Photoshop and Excel, representing a perfect blend of creative and analytical skills
- Preference for working without a handbook, with a love for doing what's never been done before
- Passion for games, the developers who make them, and the players that love them is non-negotiable