Data Engineer, BizOps (Clash of Clans & Clash Royale)
With only 340 employees in 4 offices, we believe in keeping our teams lean and powerful, where we value results-oriented team players that have impeccable ownership. We are now looking for a Data Engineer to join our BizOps team. You will be a core member of the team whose main scope is to operate and grow the Clash of Clans and Clash Royale games together with the game development functions out of Helsinki.
Data that we collect about our player behaviour plays an integral part across many key areas such as developing and tweaking game designs to setting strategies for global performance marketing campaigns. In this position you will own and be responsible for supporting multiple game development functions by delivering data while ensuring that our data infrastructure is rock solid and follows modern practices. You are also a proactive and entrepreneurial problem solver that has a passion for using data and facts to help identify opportunities and contribute to keep improving on everything from development team operations to actual game performance.
We pride ourselves on the level of thoughtfulness, quality and focus put into every aspect of our work. Be it the games themselves, or how we communicate them to our players – we are passionate about not compromising on quality ever and choosing a long term approach to make Supercell a truly global games company that will last for many decades to come.
All of this is way easier said than done. It takes vision, commitment, and super talented (and perhaps slightly crazy) people who will pursue only the very best work possible. If that sounds like you (including the “slightly crazy” part), then we welcome you to apply.
- Support data scientists and other game development functions with ad hoc requests related to data validity and semantics, and define what data is collected in game, liveops, esports, and marketing
- Own and improve the infrastructure for data collection, storage and processing
- Proactively suggest and implement improvements that increase scalability, robustness and availability of data systems
- Maintain batch and real-time data pipelines
- Work with tooling used by different people from marketing to data science to esports with their corresponding data needs
- Contribute to developing the company wide vision and strategy for data engineering practices
- +5 years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining data infrastructure
- Expert knowledge of Python and SQL
- Track record of maintaining large scale ETL processes
- Experience with AWS data stack (Kinesis, Athena+S3+Glue, RedShift)
- Familiarity with large scale data warehouse technologies (BigQuery, Spark, Spark Streaming)
- Knowledge of build, deployment and orchestration tools (Azkaban or Airflow, Jenkins, Terraform)
- Ability to innovate and work independently
- Passion for pumping out the highest quality facts in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English