Services Team Lead
Our Services Team is a software development team that supports game teams with tools and analytics needed to run a free-to-play game for years, maybe even decades. Whether it's LiveOps tools that control the in-game experience of our tens of millions of daily players, our player support portal used to solve millions of monthly support requests, Single Sign-On, in-game news feed or the analytics pipeline and data warehouse - We build long-term solutions that keep Supercell running.
We are now looking for an inspiring team member who will not only support the day-to-day activities, but also be a lead for the team. As the lead of the team your responsibility, together with the team members, is to define the vision and roadmap for the team and manage the execution of that vision. To do so, you will need extensive technical expertise, ability to work independently, and commitment to follow through on big ideas. We are not looking for a traditional manager, we are looking for a trusted team lead who can and will be hands-on when needed!
- Prioritising and leading team projects from idea to production
- Discovering, investigating and setting team objectives together with the team
- Team and project management
- Overall responsibility of shared game operations tools (LiveOps, player support, in-game communication etc...)
- Overall responsibility of game analytics platform from data collection to usage (Including: data ingestion, processing, warehousing, discovery, ad-hoc usage, dashboards and periodic reporting)
- DevOps and lifecycle management of the above (cloud infrastructure, incident response, maintenance, support etc...)
- Coordinating work with internal stakeholders
- 7+ years experience in software development
- Demonstrated experience in leading an agile and autonomous software development team
- Track record of successfully managed projects
- Excellent coordination and communication skills
- Overall good people management skills
- Hands on experience in running applications on AWS
- Experience with other public cloud platforms a plus
- Experience with data pipelines, data warehousing and data intensive applications a plus
- Experience with mobile games a plus
- Genuine interest and passion for games
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
If this sounds like you, please send your CV and cover letter to us below!
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we've released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we've killed dozens along the way. That's because we're obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever.
To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.
You might love it here...
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We're made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people - providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed.
This position is in Finland but you are not?
Luckily, moving to Finland is easier than you might think. No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated relocation team will help you from beginning to end. We're here to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you, your family and whoever and whatever you're bringing along.